Jeremiah 29:11

.

Saturday, August 21

Trim The Budget & Lengthen Creativity

Fall is almost here & as I look ahead to holiday travel &
the excitement of shopping for our little Lo, the numbers are adding up.
Since my employer is Justin, this year it'll be important to trim my decorating budget... or to make it non-existent. Hard gulp.
However, I flirted with the boss a little & gave him a compelling speech on the value of keeping a SAHM who loves to decorate, sane by creating economical masterpieces---in spaces other than the kitchen--- in the home.
Look for my last 2010 {::Decor On A Dime::} junking adventures post later this month & then they'll resurface next Spring. Until then, I'll be focusing on these fun, frugal & green ideas to keep my pretty little hands busy this season.
Assemble Mason Jar lighting for the hallway/common area lighting


Paint a magnetic chalkboard wall in the entryway


Create a chair rail in the master bedroom, den, family room, dining room & hallway
Using plywood or PVC instead of molding
&
if I'm feeling really ambitious, wainscoting kits in the dining & family room.


Similarly extending up & out to our front entryway/dining room photo wall


I plan to post before & afters.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i want pics of this chalkboard wall and wainscotting!

thanks for the shout out on the tv stand. :) you're sweet. it looks fabulous. i just love those quilts!

i need you to come over and talk about all of my design ideas i have for once i'm unemployed. :)

Kristy said...

Pics on their way this week! I'm up for some brainstorming...2 more days...YESSS!!!