Jeremiah 29:11

.

Monday, August 30

Big Reveal: Painted on Trim

It took me 6 days to complete this project as I cared for my 6 month old baby, had family in town & took several breaks to get Sonic Iced Teas & go to the pool.
I'm so happy with the results & even happier to be done with it!
Laying all that blue painter's tape nearly killed me.

Dining room wall before


Walls after I painted on trim


Dining room side wall
Before


After


To achieve the "boxes" or trim, I needed a template. So I headed over to my local Hobby Lobby & had my framer-friend Joel, cut a mat for me with the specifications that I needed. Then I measured how far off the ground & how far underneath the chair rail I wanted the trim to be & then taped the mat to the wall & traced the mat like a stencil. After I was done stenciling the walls, I went back with blue painter's tape & then painted.
Now onto to planning some fabulous dinner parties!

3 comments:

Sarah Anne said...

Looks so fabulous! I absolutely love it! And I love the way you have your pictures hung on the wall... you did an awesome job!

Unknown said...

you're amazing! great job, friend! i'm so very impressed.

Jessica and Eric said...

Wow! What a difference a little trim can do! I'm really impressed you did that yourself-great job!