Our TV sits atop this made-to-look-like-wood console from IKEA
& it sticks out like a sore thumb amongst our vintage inspired & American pieces.
My sister found an old buffet for their TV at a garage sale in Tarrytown. I am enamored with it. After scouring Craigslist ads for nearly 2 months I haven't found anything similar.
Not wanting a bulky entertainment center & trying to keep cost down, I was stumped. I shared my desire to own a similar piece with my friend {genius designer} Jacqueline, in hopes to get some ideas on how we could re-create the one I coveted.
She felt the piece had potential & with a little elbow grease I could create a softer look.
I already had primer & an attractive paint color left over from another project. I bought a coarse sand paper block at the hardware store for $3 & began my project.
Now, this pre-marriage piece that I used to glare at is now distressed to perfection!
{Before}
{Primed}
{Painted & Distressed}
{In the home}
Thanks for encouraging me to work with what I've got Jac!












0 comments:
Post a Comment