Jeremiah 29:11

.

Tuesday, August 31

Decor On A Dime Summer 10::*Part 3*

Junking & antiquing this Summer has been an adventure & the deals have been overwhelming.
I thought being pregnant made for some sweet perks, but bring a cute baby with a bow in her hair & the prices just keep dropping!
Hmmm. I wonder what being pregnant & having a cute baby could afford me?

Store front door
$5
@ Don's Books & Antiques on Hwy 79 & 2nd St. in Taylor, Texas


White 5 Paneled door
$25
@
Don's Books & Antiques on Hwy 79 & 2nd St. in Taylor, Texas


"Church Pew" barnwood bench
$25
@ Don's Books & Antiques on Hwy 79 & 2nd St. in Taylor, Texas


This is definitely going down in my junking record books. Yes, I really have one.
I started salivating when I saw these babies being unloaded at Goodwill.
60 + year old folding chairs from Burnet Presbyterian Church in Burnet, Tx
4 Chairs for $7.83
@ the S. Bell/Old 183 Goodwill in Cedar Park, Texas


White stool
$2 from the New Hope Dr. Goodwill in Leander, Texas
Yellow stool
F:R:E:E
@ my neighbor's garage sale


{My current project}
Wooden frames
This is only half of the ones I'm currently hoarding.
I've found 95% of them for
$1 each @ my local Goodwills
... a can of $ 2 satin black spray paint from Walmart & POOF! Gallery wall!


Wooden side table
F:R:E:E
@ my neighbor's garage sale



Metal letter "F" on clearance
$3


3 identical 5 1/2 inch blue saucer plates
$1 for all 3
@
St. Michael's Academy Thrift Shop on Burnet Rd. in Austin, Texas
I recently found some stick-on-disc-shaped-plate-thingys at Hobby Lobby
that I think I'll try instead of these annoying brass hangers.


Fun ceramic hand-me-down from my mom
Not quuuuite sure what this palm sized beauty is. Maybe holds milk or cream?
If you are reading this and you're an appraiser or work for Antiques Roadshow, please let me know. I'd also like to meet for coffee sometime.
I may use it to hold toothpicks.
Free


6 inch Baton Rouge "New State Capitol Building" travel memorabilia plate
$.99
@ the New Hope Dr. Goodwill in Leander, Texas


I've started collecting state plates for a new project I'm working on. I'm looking for quirky & small cities or both.

Shallow 8 inch tarnished silver bowl
$2
@ New Hope Dr. Goodwill in Leander, Texas


I'll be taking a brief hiatus from my {::Decor On A Dime::} posts, to work on projects inside the home. Look for them again next Spring.
See you out there!

0 comments: