This neglected nook, lies on the outskirts of our front entry way & our piano. For some reason, decorating this space has been like working with two left hands. It has been a thorn in my side since the day we moved in 3 1/2 years ago.
I can*t decide what to do with it.
I*m passionate about many things & high on that list is to love every inch of my home.
I*d like the space to feel relaxed, be livable & primarily function as a family area.
Either for game night, a reading area or to catch an overflow of guests while we*re entertaining. Wait...& the furniture also has to be easy to move to help make room for our
Christmas tree once a year.
Too much to ask?
No way.
This room has potential. It just needs charm--or a box of Crest White Strips, if you will.
I*ve played around with couches, tables, floor lamps, bookcases, a buffet, floor pillows & now (sigh) this.
I*m happy with this. (Fluffing pillow) Yes. I*m happy with this.

I added a few editions to this space hoping to create my vision.

I found this blue butter churner for $15
& the wooden canes for a $1 a piece antiquing in Taylor, Texas

Needlepoint is near & dear to my heart. I have no idea how to do it, but I have a couple of books to show me how someday.
I*m enamored with the appearance of the different textures.
I found this pillow in mint condition at Goodwill for $3. Took it to the cleaners & I think it*s unexpected & adorable.

I found these silver plated coasters at Goodwill $.50 for all 3.

F:R:E:E
side table from my neighbor*s garage sale.
a liiiitle kitschy& showy for me, but hey, you can*t beat free.

1960*s Plaster of Paris fruit arrangement
$1 from Goodwill

Yellow pillow from Potterybarn
With the coffee table...

or without the coffee table?

lots of suggestions welcome.












2 comments:
tough call-the coffee table may be too busy, but also necessary...hmm...
I know. It's tough. So far, I'm liking it without the table :)
Post a Comment