Jeremiah 29:11

.

Friday, October 1

Marburger 2010

Marburger was heavenly as usual. Lo*s bona fide baptism into antiquing was a success!
She was such a good-natured & patient baby & all the blue-haired's oooed & awed over her.
We got all prayed up for safe travels, downed a Red Bull & left the house at 6:30am sharp & arrived just as the gates opened.

In my opinion, Marburger is a place to see--not to be seen.
So I hit the fields in my threadbare antiquing jeans, old boots, my painting shirt, a bandanna, no make up & no manicure.
Also known as my "Monday look."

Our Checklist for Marburger:
Back pack
Diapers
Hats
Eye drops
Wipes
Sunscreen
iPod Shuffle
Changing pad
Bottles
Formula
Juice
Bibs (1 for momma to catch all of her own drool)
Toys
Sunglasses
Pen & pad
Crackers
Tape measure
Camera
Stroller
Lots of water
&
Shoe inserts (We've got 43 acres to cover!)

Whew! Last year, my checklist was less then half of this list, but I couldn't have been more pleased to carry around all of Lo*s trappings. She was an adorable helper.
With all our gear, we needed to shop smart & shop light.

{Our shopping list}

Everything games

We popped in to see Bud & our friends at Royer*s for some pie.
Thanks Bud, for generously treating us to lunch & PIE at the Big Red Barn!

The really crummy news about the trip was when I learned at mile marker 197, that my camera had officially crapped out.
I teared up a little. Actually a lot.
Here*s all I could salvage. Sniff.


Seriously. What are those lines?

{Our fabulous small finds}


Old changeable marquis letters


Vintage playing cards
&
2 Chess pieces


&
a number 12 billiard ball


Vintage Bingo card
&
markers

(these pics were taken with the camera on my new phone.
Sure wish I would've known how to use it while I was there!)
We joyfully cut our trip short when we got the call that my bf*s baby had arrived!
We hurried back to Austin & saw that precious babe.

Me with Henry!


More to come next post!

Counting down the days to the 2011 Spring show.

0 comments: