Jeremiah 29:11

.

Thursday, October 14

Lo*s Pink & Gray Nursery

My favorite person in the whole world lives here.
Right in this very room.


I plan to change the small rectangular rug to a larger circular one soon.
{For Stephanie}
My favorite piece in the room is the armoire.
In 1996, this piece was given to me by one of my best friends in middle school Stephanie, just before her family moved away to California.
I have such fond memories of her & all her brothers.
It has never left my sight, as I*ve drug it from apartment to apartment & now into my home & into my daughter*s nursery.
When I decided to use it in Lo*s room, I began prepping its surfaces to be painted & on the inside of one of the drawers-in pencil- it reads,
"Stephanie + Kristy = BFF!"
HOW SWEET!
We lost touch over the years, then finally, we were able to reconnect through a mutual childhood friend on Facebook. As Stephanie & I described our lives from1996 up to now, I learned that she was expecting her 2nd baby girl, just weeks after Lo was due to arrive!
It was such a cool moment & I*m so happy to have reconnected with her all of this time later.
I love this piece & I plan to keep it around for a long time.

Lo*s white Jenny Lind crib is from my friend Jacqueline




The lamp, shade & the folk art wooden horse were all purchased from Austin Goodwill stores. The Potterybarn side table was purchased from Lil' Ones Consignment Boutique in Austin
& the pink reproduction 1930*s clock I found at Hobby Lobby on the clearance aisle.

French alphabet letters off of Etsy strung on twine.




I*m not one for faux floral, but I decided to improvise.
The large metal vase was left over from a set design at the church.
It*s galvanized, but I spray painted it gray.
I had the green vine/twig left over from a baby shower I threw a while back &
the pink hydrangeas were left over from an attempted project.


This is an original 1940*s Little Bo Peep print that my mother-in-law gave me from a nursery rhyme book she had as a child.
The custom mats & barn wood frame are from Hobby Lobby.


Yes, we have one of those old-school-barrette/hair bow-ribbon-holder thingys.
There are 2 more in the bathroom.
If there*s a better way to display them, I*m all ears.
But until then, we bought a yard of wide, delicate lace from Hobby Lobby & I think
it*s working out nicely.



I found these character-filled, poly resin wall ornaments from Goodwill


I found this basket for $.99 from Goodwill & spray painted it gray.


I know, I know, for someone who hates decorating with fake flowers they seem to be everywhere...
The art on this adorable Clabber Girl baking powder can hasn*t changed in years &
is still sold in stores today.


My friend Jacqueline made this "L" pillow for Lo with some pink & gray fabric we found at
Joann fabrics & it lives on top of the toy chest my husband Justin had as a child.


I won these tiny, sweet antique plates at an auction this Summer.
They live above the closet doors.




I found this pink toile French memo board & a matching tissue holder (not pictured)
at Lil' Ones Consignment Boutique in Austin, Texas.

I pray that this may be her sanctuary.
I pray that it will be a place for possibility, a place to laugh, to cry, to dream, to create, to imagine, to inspire, to illuminate, to find joy in & to be a Holy place.

4 comments:

Lori said...

Love Lo's room. I had a bow suggestion pop into my mind, but then I realized you already have one in her room; you're just using it for the correct purpose! Seriously though, I have a couple of friends that use a memo board (with several more ribbons running across it) to hold bows. Works beautifully! But so does your lace.

Kristy said...

Thanks for the room props Lori! I've never thought of using a memo board! That's adorable and would look very artistic. I'll give it a try.

Jessica and Eric said...

LOVE Lo's room! I love the pink toile-so perfect for a nursery! And FYI, my boots were from Target and almost every outfit from Forever 21 from Vegas!

Kristy said...

Thanks Jess! Forever 21 in Vegas sounds like a dream-Love 'em :)