I*m so disappointed.
I don*t think the bead board is going to work in the guest/play room.
They sell 3 feet & 6 feet sheets of bead board at hardware & home improvement stores. My plan was to buy 3 or 4 6 foot sheets & nail them to the ceiling with a nail gun.
(If you*re laughing at my simple plan go right ahead. I*m laughing too)
After I had the sweet hubs hold up a sheet of the bead board,
there were a few things I didn*t think about:
*The edges of the bead board don*t completely line up with edges of the room. We*d have to put a line of caulk where it doesn*t meet
*Finding the studs on the ceiling
*There will be obvious cracks/seams where the the other boards meet... It will look like tiles of bead board. Not the seamless faux version I envisioned.
*How will I keep the corners of each board from sagging?
DANG! I*m so disappointed. The bead board was going to be soooo cool. So now what? Should I continue the white paint up over the ceiling, or paint over my trim & paint the entire room with the turquoise paint?














7 comments:
You could also use construction glue to help attach it to the ceiling. That along with the nail gun should work well. That's what we did with our kitchen floors.
Don't be afraid to use caulk. It is more work, but caulk is your friend and hides many, many flaws :) You could also use it on the seams where they meet to make the seems less noticeable.
What about the textured beadboard knock off wall paper? It's thin like paper but meant to look like beadboard. Google it and you'll see lots of options. I can check with my friend on the "better" brands.
I agree with Karen BUT if you arent going to do anything...leave the trim. Trim adds so much! Love the color.
I'm just going to throw this out there...(my interior design friend recommended this to me in one of our rooms, although we didn't do it) paint the cieling a darker color! Like I'm picturing a royal blue! Sounds crazy, but it's atleast an idea (especially if this isn't the girl's nursery)...Not sure if you'll like the idea, but wanted to give you something new to ponder. Good luck with whatever you do!
I was going to suggest beadboard wall paper & see that someone else already has. But you'd have to remove the ceiling's texture 1st. Yuk!The caulk might not be very noticeable up there,and maybe a remodeling pro knows tricks to make the boards work. Could you use thin 1-inch wide flat trim overlaid to connect the beadboards? The 3-D effect might be quaint. If not, adding white to your turq.paint to create a light ethereal effect might make a sweet ceiling. 'Fun to generate ideas, at least!
i'm loving the wallpaper idea too - unless you do have to remove the texture... ugh. what about quarter-round along the edges if you use actual beadboard - framing it in - did someone already say that? i'm totally in LOVE with this room and esp the beadboard ceiling! it HAS TO WORK!!!!!!!!!
Andrea::Angie::Diane::Karen::Elizabeth::Jessica. Thanks for your encouragement! I'm still mulling it over. I have a lot of the turquoise paint left over, so I may just slap it up there :( It's def no beadboard, but it's cheap since i already have the supplies. I'll be sure to keep updating. Thanks everyone!
Post a Comment