Get ready....it*s not pretty. Not yet.
The guest bedroom.
I have no idea what*s going on in here.
Okay, some folks tell me it*s not THAT bad.
While I covet all the antique furniture & it all matches (except for the sewing machine) I guess I feel it*s unappealing because I*ve neglected the room & it doesn*t seem to flow with the rest of the house. I just kinda throw stuff in there. Aesthetically, it stinks.
All the furniture will be removed from the room & I may use the vintage sewing machine in the new space.
{Here is my initial plan for the space}
I added some text using Googles Picasa & the text appeared much larger than it does here. Grab your magnifying glass.
I don*t have ideas for furniture or wall decor yet, but I*ve decided that the room will function as a guest bedroom/playroom for the girls. We*ll talk more about where Josie Carter will sleep in a later post.
{On the bed}
A handmade antique "wedding ring" style quilt. It was passed on to me from Justin*s mom & it*s important to me to implement it into the new room, but I*m not that far yet.
{On the floor}
A huge braided rug that I found at Tuesday Morning several years ago.
Braided rugs have always reminded me of patriotic American or American folk art styles. It*s not the look I*m going for but I can*t seem to fall out of love with this particular one. It may be used in another part of the house if it doesn*t compliment the newly painted Turquoise walls.
{Here* s the latest}
Ladies & gents' we have VERY turquoise walls!
& some fun faux molding that I painted on. I used Lowe*s Valspar brand in "Aqua Glow"
& a high gloss white paint left over from a previous project.
The ceiling has been left as-is (the old room color) because the bead board will cover that up.


^^^Yea! There*s the bead board propped up against the wall.












3 comments:
I love that quilt. It is so beautiful! And I really like the new wall color.
Love it and cannot wait to see your finished product! I have been searching for inspiration for our new home too. I have seen the beadboard ceiling and think that is a lovely idea! You rock, Kristy! <3
I love love love Before and After pics! The turquoise looks great! And I saw this great girl's room idea in a magazine that included accents of turquoise, white and coral and looked great!
Post a Comment