Jeremiah 29:11

.

Friday, January 8

Week 35: No Pressure

Nesting is a funny thing. While I wouldn't label myself a clean freak-I think the most accurate term for my present psychological state might sound something like obsessively organized with a late onset of spot-free panic. I don't think twice about what anyone else's house looks like, but in our home-come hell or high water- every thing will have a home & every home will have a thing. So, I've been throughly enjoying my last few days of a completely clean controlled environment.

If you know me at all, you'll know that when I've uncovered a new passion or project, I jump in with both size 11 feet. Therefore, however many times I've read that a new mom cannot be fully prepared for the birth of her newborn baby & the time immediately after it arrives-I foolishly & likely regrettably beg to differ:

In addition to tightly wrapping things up at my job at the church, I've
*Signed & sealed Valentine's for our niece & nephews
*Laundered the guest bedroom linens
*Caught up on my framing projects to hang on the walls
*Stocked up at Costco
*Obnoxiously told Justin thank you for Lola & that I love him
*Gotten my eyebrows threaded
Feel free to scoff.

What Else I'd Like To Do Before Lola Arrives::

*Launder & iron all of Justin's work clothes
*Attend 3 more showers for Lola-resulting in 3 sets of thank you cards to sign, seal & deliver
*Finalize birth announcement design
*Continue to check for dead bats around the house (See previous post)
*Give myself one more manicure
*Give Isobel one more manicure
*Blog
*Spend as much time as I can with my sister Kacy

Last Tuesday, I was THIS close to running the wash with one pair of socks in it.

Justin's been amazing-bless his heart. I began jotting down a lengthy honey-do list in November and he quietly crosses each item off as I go on about my madness.

Beware:: I'm going keeping tooting my horn so find a bucket or keep reading.

Speaking of people who know me, Doris (my mother-in-law) called a few days ago & said that she & Virgil (Justin's dad) wished to do something special for us for when Lo arrives. She said, "Well I had an idea, and I hope it doesn't come off poorly...but when we're on vacation our maid will be scheduled...and if you're interested we'd like to send her your way for a while."

SHE FREAKING GIFTED US HER MAID.

I was holding back tears. She knows I've been cleaning like crazy & that I've been putting immense amounts on pressure on myself for things to be just perfect when Lola arrives. I instantly felt an overwhelming amount of relief & gratefulness to receive such a thoughtful gift. I'll be adding this service to my growing list of "Gift Ideas For Pregnant Friends."

Bravo Doris...Bravo.

0 comments: