First experience with morning sickness::
* I left work early feeling nauseous and light-headed and just as I got on the toll, I threw up all over my car. I just wanted to get home as fast as possible so instead of pulling over I gunned it to nearly 90 mph, turned the A/C on full blast and proceeded to throw up in between my legs. From that day forward (Weeks 9-12) I traveled strictly on the access roads with a cup or some kind of sack.
Receiving Acts of Kindness...or Pity::
It's likely a southern thing, but it's almost embarrassing what people will do for you if you rub your belly & sigh heavily::
*People held doors for me
*A woman spared toilet paper
*People gave up their place in line
*By month 7 people offered me a chair to sit in nearly everywhere I went
*I received crazy service perks like a nail tech throwing in extra treatments or a masseuse extending the length of a service
*People picked things up for me
*People reached for me
*People gave me the right of way on the street
*People gave me water
*People gave me discounts
*People gave me free coffee
*People helped me get out of chairs
*People gave me their umbrellas
*People ran errands for me
*People held my purse as I shopped
*One guy gave me an extra chicken nugget because I accidentally winked at him as I was trying not to lose a contact lens.
Situations I Didn't Think I'd Be In::
*Planned a funeral
*Performed 4 live gigs
*Was on 6th Street until midnight
*Attended 3 funerals
*Had my entire face threaded (Like waxing)
*Made numerous hospital visits as a Pastor On-Call
*Babysat for five 8 year olds
*Entertained the idea of being a stay at home mom
*Was a designated driver
*Found a bat in my house
*Found lots of gray hairs in my head
*Helped build a new ministry
Things Not To Say To A Pregnant Woman::
*"You look really uncomfortable"
*"I don't think they make that ice cream anymore"
*"Okay, so you wanted the double cheeseburger with bacon and..."
*"Let's try a size bigger"
*"You may want to try a sports bra"
*(Wincing) "Are you going to deliver vaginally?"
*"How much weight do you think you've gained?"
*"Do you mind if I smoke?"
*"Can I be in the delivery room"
Mishaps & Embarrassing Moments I've Had::
*Said out loud, "Aw shit! I forgot pasta sauce" Only to turn and see a small child standing next to me in the check out line and receive a well deserved frowny face from his mom.
*Side swiped a woman in a church parking lot
*My boss found me asleep on a co-worker's couch with a bag of Doritos on my belly
*Rear ended a woman in the Lowe's parking lot
*Walked out of a Macy's dressing room & into the mall with my maternity pants on backwards and didn't realize it until I was well into my 2nd cookie from the food court
*Asked the Pharmacist for a discount because I thought the prescriptions were a little high
*Fell asleep on the couch in my undies while watching hour 6 of shark week
*Made cumin french toast instead of cinnamon french toast
*Came THIS close to calling the cops on what I thought was a burglar, but turned out to be my neighbor's black cat












0 comments:
Post a Comment