Jeremiah 29:11

.

Tuesday, November 10

Weeks 26 & 27: 3rd Trimester Here We Come!

The third trimester is finally here-Whew!
On a recent antiquing trip, my bff Jacqueline thoughtfully asked me what I'm most excited about and what I'm most nervous about for Lola's arrival. I answered: I'm most excited for her to be here and for God to reveal what He has created her to look like. I'm most nervous about how quiet we live and how we enjoy our own dynamic routine. While I'm always singing or attempting to be funny, I'm nervous we may be a little too quiet. So we've been intentionally dropping everything and doing more sporadic activities in an attempt to prepare for the unknown of having a new baby. Additionally, I've been preparing myself for my songwriting and guitar playing to take a back seat for a while as we adjust to a new schedule or a lack thereof...

One of my favorite things about the pregnancy-or rather this 9 month season of my life, has been casting vision for Lola's nursery.
Decorating is one of my passions and it's been an especially tender experience to select items for a baby girl. I'm grateful for the generous amount of time God has given us to savor and explore ideas for creating what we hope is an enchanting little haven for each of us.
After months of shopping, collecting, and then reviewing the generous gifts we received from the shower last month,
I feel I'm right on schedule for where I wanted to be project-wise in month 7:

Paint Nursery-Check.
Paint vintage armoire-Check.
Purchase bedding for crib-Check.
Find changing table-Check.
Find matching bookcases-Check.

All I have left to do is find a balloon shade and a rug and I'll be ready to begin putting all of our ideas together and upload before and after pictures.

Foods I Love This Week:

Jimmy John's sandwiches...still
Eggs
Chicken

Foods I Don't Love This Week:

Beef
Sweets
Breads

1 comments:

Unknown said...

get ready for egg salad tomorrow! yum!

i can't wait to see sweet lola's looks also!