Lola's shower is finally here! I've had an ear to ear smile as I've been digging through all of her loot! I had 7 gracious hostesses and a guest list of 93. With 52 wonderful friends in attendance, it was a fantastic pink spectacle to say the least! The bird themed shower was held in the Gateway garage and I insisted that everyone wear pink.


Hostesses Left to Right: Back Left Heidi, Karin, Flo, Kate Jacqueline
Front Left Andrea, Me, Lisa
The lovely team of hostesses decided that they would each decorate their own table. In their own style and in their own unique interpretation. Furthermore, the decorations they used would go towards decorating Lola and her nursery. Here are their masterpieces complete with table settings lined with doilies and pink napkins that read,
"Feathering the Perfect Nest-Lola Zoe Finley 10.24.09"
Andrea's table was lovely and clever.

Jacqueline's tables were simple and elegant.



Lisa's were super girly and fun.



Flo's were a delightful tribute to anything and everything pink.

Kate's were a beautiful representation of her marvelous creativity.


Heidi's were a gorgeous display of everything bird-feathers, nests, eggs the works.


Karin was in charge of decorating the stage for my arrival.

I felt blessed to tears even before the shower!

Family Photo from Left to Right:
Mother-In Law Diane, Grammy, Step-Mother-In-Law Doris, Me, Mom,
Sister Kacy & Step-Sister Morgen
The favors I hand crafted tied in beautifully with the hostesses designs.
.



Jacqueline helped me design our rustic name tag display. We used 2 decorative flowering pots filled them with moss, stuffed them with natural twigs and strung with twine.

The girls suggested I have a book or something similar that folks could write in little notes and prayers for Lola. I couldn't settle on a book or journal that I liked, so I had the idea of using a box I could display in Lo's nursery and I wanted to track down some Laura Ashley note cards for people to write their thoughts and prayers on (In pink Sharpie ink of course!)

and then save them in the box for Lo and I to read and enjoy together.
Alas, I found a pink shoe-sized box and the old school Laura Ashley note cards.

The menu consisted solely of desserts on vintage platters. The girls featured 2 chocolate fountains-milk and dark, fruit on bamboo skewers,

pink marshmallows on bamboo skewers,

cookies,
brownies, pretzel rods for dipping, cream puffs, homemade truffles,

cupcakes,

Leche Candy

peanut brittle, iced coffee and strawberry milk.

It was AMAZING!
We wrapped up the festivities with Karin leading us in a lovely time of prayer for continued strength and healthy development.












3 comments:
you gorgeous girl and your amazing shower! i can't believe i missed the pink explosion and i just love love love your beautiful birdy theme! i'm officially inviting myself over to tour her room! i swear - i can't believe we haven't been to each others' houses... we have crazy similar taste!! love you, sister, and cant wait to see you soon! -angie
This is the CUTEST thing I have ever seen ! I LOVE the table-setting idea-precious! Everything was so creative! And you're looking great!
I saw that you had a blog... sorry for being nosey... ;-) Love the pictures of your shower! You are lucky to have such wonderful friends to do that for you!
Post a Comment