Jeremiah 29:11

.

Monday, November 23

Week 28: Dr.'s Orders

This week I had my 28 week and glucose test for gestational diabetes doctor's appointment with Renee. My readings came back a little high so I was scheduled for a follow-up appointment this morning. Still waiting for results.
Also, I have been having terrible back pain that has been keeping me from sitting down for long periods and I have been averaging between 2 and 3 hours of sleep a night. I figured the pain may be positional but on a scale of 1 to 10, I feel I've been at an 8 for the last couple of weeks. So I was eager to visit with her to learn of some possible pain management options for the last 11 weeks of my pregnancy. She said that the pain I'm describing is a little premature in this stage/week of my pregnancy, but it's not uncommon. Furthermore, she added, it's not going to get any better from here until the time you deliver.
Renee concluded that I need to reduce my work hours to 20 hours per week (part-time) and reduce my activities. She also prescribed a pregnancy-safe muscle relaxer and sleep aid to help reduce some of my pain and increase the amount of rest my body is requiring-and some time for the 3 of us to spend some time in prayer. I love that we have such a close relationship with her; not only as our doctor that will be delivering our long awaited gift, but also for the added blessing of her friendship on a personal level.

New belly pics next post!

Foods I Love This Week:

Deli Sandwiches
Eggs
Cheeses

Foods I Don't Love This Week:

Breads
Sweets
Beef

0 comments: