So this past week has been a pretty crazy week. Here's the run down: Monday night I went to a Silpada jewelry party at my mother-in-laws house and had a fun time visiting and shopping with a few of my girlfriends. Tuesday my Aunt Lynn and Uncle John came down from Phoenix to visit and stay with my Grammy and Paw Paw. I went to go visit them after work and my Paw Paw wasn't feeling very well and looked pretty sick. He has been steadily going down hill since Christmas time-but this day was especially bad. I said my goodbyes to all of them and called my sister Kacy in San Antonio, and told her she should plan to come up and say bye to Paw Paw. Wednesday afternoon at 1pm, Paw Paw died peacefully in his recliner surrounded by family. Thursday I went up to the church for some much needed prayer with friends and some comic relief from my beautiful friend Lisa. Friday, I took the day off. I spent most of the day at Grammy's house visiting with my sister and Aunt. My wonderful mother-in-law, Diane, brought a delicious spaghetti lunch and her warm compassion for our family's loss- I love her so much. Saturday morning, my friend Porter took Jacqueline and I to the Sunset Valley farmer's market; where we shopped for veggies. I don't know what I'd do without the two of them! Later, my mom's cousin Nancy came into Austin from Illinois and I prepared a lovely dinner for all of us that night. I always look forward to Sunday mornings, however, this Sunday, I felt deflated. Suddenly I realized I hadn't given God much of a chance to speak to me and fill me with grace, as I process this past week. I thanked God for Justin. For my relationships, my friendships and the Lord's overwhelming goodness and mere presence with me here in this moment. I am truly blessed.
Friday Freebie Image: July 24
17 hours ago












0 comments:
Post a Comment