Jeremiah 29:11

.

Sunday, April 6

Arena Football anyone?


If you've never been to an arena football game-please drop everything you're doing now and go find one. Justin and I went to our first Austin Wranglers game last night at the Frank Erwin Center with some of our Gateway friends. Anna, the most spontaneous and adventurous of the bunch, shares the same humor as I do and planned for all of us to attended a game. I had no idea how much fun you can have with $10.
The tiny field is about 40 yards long which includes about 3 feet for the super hot cheerleaders and the Wrangler mascot. There are no sidelines so the players, coaches, camera men and stat guys are all on the field. If you are on the field, your just asking to get mowed down by the 300 lb. players. Lubbock played very well, but after much studying, Andrea and I decided that they had borrowed uniforms from our team. The crowd was made up of rough middle-aged women, boy scouts, a couple families and the 9 of us. We had a rad time singing along to the blaring 80's hairband tunes and watching the golden strippers, er..I mean cheerleaders, toss t-shirts into the stands. I grabbed a hot dog from a vendor who I'm pretty sure was Snoop D-O double jizzell himself. The half-time show was performed by a Kuk Sool Won group (a Korean-karate-type thing) where we watched in horror as the lead guy broke boards over his head. Next up was a group who demonstrated, ninja- turtle-style, how to handle a sword. We got our butts handed to us in the end with a score of 13-64. We'll get 'em next time Wranglers!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristy, your personal essays are so fun and well-written! Have you thought of printing them to keep as a mini-biography?
Stan still enjoys looking back a few years and re-reading his journal.