Ooooo I*m SO excited that it*s almost Spring & I can get back to doing what I love: junking & thrifting! While it*s not technically Spring, I cracked open my piggy bank anyway & hit the streets for sales & stopped into a few Goodwills.
I JUST found this Jadeite plate
for $.49 at Goodwill 4 days ago & one of my coveted sites Barnhouse.com--a mecca for all things antiquing-style forward-- featured jadeite plates!
I feel super cool. Toot-toot! Yeah I said it.
I try not to follow trends, but in my own little heart & home, I felt like I set this one...or at least Barn House could consider my thrifting resume.
Vintage metal molded pan
$1
@
Austin Anitique Mall on McCann Drive in Austin.
Real antler
$3.50
@
New Hope/ Old 183 Goodwill
I found this an hour before closing on a rainy night & it didn*t have a price on it. Score!
C'mon how is Goodwill going to price an antler? I was going to find out.
The cashier asked how much I wanted to pay for it & I said, "Under 5 bucks." We settled on $3.50. Fair price or not, there*s no way this negotiation would have taken place on a busy Saturday, so I*m happy.
Tall horse w/ horse shoe mug
$1
@
New Hope/Old 183 Goodwill
Vintage 8 x 10 gold painted metal frame
$2
S. Bell Goodwill
See you out there!












0 comments:
Post a Comment