Last week I updated my education information tab on my Facebook page to include, "Vogue Beauty College" I*m not sure why I left it off of my info tab for so long. Embarrassed, maybe a little. Not because it was beauty school, but because it was Vogue. A year after I graduated from high school-in 2003, it was the only beauty school in Austin that offered night classes. If you know me, you know I*m not the waiting tables type, so off to night school I went. Unfortunately, it wasn't high on the prestigious list. In fact it wasn*t on any list. I found a flyer. I was so excited to attend & it was my dream! It was a very different time. I can remember speeding over to the school & pulling up with an American Spirit hanging from my mouth in my little 2 door Ford Escort (which I thought was " 'da bomb" & said so. No, really the words," my car is 'da bomb" really came out of my mouth.) Probably dressed in some not-so-James Dobson approved outfit & clocked in to learn the art of how to get beautiful. Boy, I*ve come a long way. Most importantly, the American Spirits are long gone. Said in the happiest of terms, "Beauty" is no longer my dream & you can now find me driving the speed limit in a Hyundai Tucson, dressed in something that covers just about everything but my face, neck & hands, all while rockin* a Playtex full coverage bra & cowboy boots with an arch support insert. I "clock in" to read my Bible & to be a stay-at-home mama. By no means do I feel old, just mature & I*ll leave it at that. I*m proud of my work at Vogue.
Thursday, January 27
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













1 comments:
You learn something new about your friends every day!
Now, about that OPI discount...
Post a Comment