Jeremiah 29:11

.

Tuesday, January 25

How*s The Pregnancy Going?

My sweet friend Jessica checked in with me recently & asked how my pregnancy was going. Then I realized I haven*t been blogging about it at all. Glory to God, there is not much to report...that is compared to my first pregnancy. (Shudder)
Oh but do I ever remember the days of folks asking me, "How far along are you?" & I*d respond with a peppy & proud, "14 weeks, 6 days & 2 hours!" Okay, I wouldn*t really say the hours, but I watched that calendar like I was counting down the days until Jesus came back! Today, you can ask me the same question & I*ll likely say, "Um..." or I"ll make something up that*s close to the last time I looked at the calendar. Contrary to my loss of time & lack of posting about the pregnancy, I*m positively beaming over how easy this time around has been! Other than strangely craving Subway sandwiches everyday & my complexion being disobedient, I don*t feel pregnant at all.
During my first pregnancy I psyched myself out. A lot. If my back ached, it*s because I was pregnant. If my wrist had a twinge in it, it was because I was pregnant. If I appeared to have more or less eyelashes one day, we*ll it had to be because I was pregnant. This time around, not only am I chasing after an almost-toddler, but my husband hasn*t had luck finding a job & I*m starting to realize we need more room. Simply put, I haven*t got the time to psych myself out!
While it may sound stressful & to be honest some days it can be---there*s no worry on my end. God has & continues to provide us with so much & for that I couldn*t be happier.

{I*m happy to report that}

I*m near the middle of the 2nd trimester & I*ve only gained 3 lbs so far. High five.
I gained 10 lbs in the 1st trimester with Lola Zoe.

{In other news}

I can*t get enough of Subway sandwiches. I know, I know...somewhere, in some book, some doctor says that pregnant women should not eat cold cuts to avoid getting listeria. Well I*m here to tell you, that I indulged in many a Jimmy John*s & Subway sandwiches during my first pregnancy & everything went just fine. Majority of the time, I ask them to heat mine up, but darn it--some days I just want a cold sammy!
In the coming weeks, we*re excited to learn the sex of our newest baby.
Until then, I*m feeling fine & staying fine too!

4 comments:

Diane said...

Congrats on only gaining 3 lbs so far! 'Seems that I recall a lot of ice cream & pasta being craved the 1st time around!
I still want to gift that wedding pic of Grandma Ginny & Grandaddy in case you'd want to save a place for it on your gallery wall. No worry if you choose not to use it; I'd just like you & Justin to have a copy.

Unknown said...

Up for a Jimmy Johns date, my friend!

James & Angela said...

Gosh, I've been out of the loop on blog checking lately. BUT I am so glad to hear you are doing well and feeling great this pregnancy! You are such a talented writer, I truly enjoy reading your posts. Hope all is well for you guys! Talk to you soon!

Kristy said...

Thanks Diane! I'll call you tomorrow.