Jeremiah 29:11

.

Sunday, August 24

Ahh Austin...found 3 fabulous new places to shop, or at least admire

Good News, bad news weekend recap: Bad news: My hairdresser is moving to Virginia. Good news: When I stopped by her salon to bid her a tearful farewell, I found a couple of great new places to shop. My salon, Urban Betty, is located upstairs in the 26 Doors shopping center, located at the corner of 38Th and Lamar, across the street from Seton Hospital. Directly downstairs from the salon, tucked away in the corner, is a wonderful new home decor store, but I can't remember the name. It's something like, "____ Designs" I went in and spoke with an employee and she told me that her aunt is the owner, an interior designer, and the shop has been there for about a year. After attempting to casually peak at some of the price tags, I took a hard gulp and began softly chanting "I love working for a church! I love working for a church! I love working for a church! as I made my way back to my car. I got the urge to stop into Sweet Charity; a hospital-volunteer-run gift store, to look for a greeting card for a girlfriend. To my delight, I discovered that Sweet Charity has expanded it's store. For years I have been a loyal Emerald's customer, to satisfy all my chic gift-giving needs. But Sweet Charity's expansion is now in the running. Luxurious is the only word I can think of...hand made Vera Wang thank you notes? hold on, I need to sit down...My last stop, Wildflower, was in Davenport Village, located on 360 in Westlake. This chic home decor store was recommended to me by a friend who is familiar with the area. I must say, walking in this tiny store, was like something out of a magazine-again, way out of my price range, so I just stole several ideas. So, if you are ever in any of these areas around town and are looking for a fun gift or just appreciate brilliant design-I highly recommend all of them.

1 comments:

Sara said...

Fabulous! That shopping sounds so fun!!! I'll have to check it out and steal ideas too.