Today, some co-workers and I attended a Stations of the Cross service at St. Thomas More Catholic Church, in observance of Good Friday. Justin was so sweet to take half the day off to meet up with us! This isn't something we usually do, but it was recommended as a unique experience, so we thought we'd check it out. The service was definitely a unique experience for me. I was not used to the formality and rigidity of the service. Although, I think that tone is important when reflecting on what this day represents. However, I had a difficult time imagining myself being able to connect with God on a real level if every service I attended was that formal and...rehearsed. I found myself more worried about making sure I was kneeling, standing, and genuflecting when I was supposed to than paying attention to what the Priest was saying. I'll definitely go again next year- It was all around a nice experience. Happy Good Friday!
Friday, March 21
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












0 comments:
Post a Comment