Jeremiah 29:11

.

Tuesday, April 6

A New Chapter @ Gateway


After being off from our jobs for 2 months, Justin & I were intent on soaking up the long weekend with our tiny Lo*bug-- before we both return to work next week. I'm grateful to have had time at home with our new family & to reshape my identity to include "mom."
However, God (& my personality) hasn't revealed my main role to be a "stay-at-home mom." Even with the incredible luxury of having Justin at home to help out & keep me company these past 2 months, I'm extremely extroverted & I've found myself to be desperately lonesome for my relationships at the church--both on & off staff. It's well-known that
"K-Fin knows no stranger!"
I love working in ministry & helping to lead His followers. So instead, God has graciously provided me with an A:M:A:Z:I:N:G opportunity for my role on staff to morph into a new (part-time) relational outreach position, where I will be recruiting & building teams of volunteers that I will counsel & shepherd. God is merciful. I pray to find peace & rest in Him during this transition.
My list of ministries will continue to grow & I'm excited to see what God has in store for me & for Gateway. I feel equally blessed to add "Caring for Lola" to that list.

0 comments: