Jeremiah 29:11

.

Friday, April 30

::Girl*s Night::Adult Skate::

Whoa.


I haven't been rollerskating in almost 20 years.


My bestie Kat gave me some lessons
..which just means I held onto her hand really tight & walked in my skates..


Becca & Kat


{I forgot about}

The back wall that's a padded "practice" wall & where kids would make out.
The huge oscilating fans that people camp out in front of
The feeling that you're still skating when you take your skates off
&
the staff
that we dubbed, "Roller Heat" that would skate around & tell you to get off the rail because you were blocking traffic & give people tips on how to skate.


Here's Erica getting some tips.
Sweetest. job. ever.

Here's a video I took as I skated around.
F:Y:I:
Most of the time the lights were off

By the end of the night I was snapping & swinging my arms & moving my shoulders to the beat!
I was so into it-at one point I responded, "Whatevs..." to a stranger & skated away.


The unusual crowd reminded me why I LOVE Austin.
Best Girl's Night Ever.

1 comments:

Sara said...

So fun! I totally want in if you go again!!