Jeremiah 29:11

.

Tuesday, February 9

Punxsutawney Finley

2 weeks before delivery::
The final ultrasound revealed that Lo's gestational (growth development) due date was February 2nd not the 5th- as originally estimated by a fertility website I was using.
Our doctor said ideally, now would be the best and healthiest time for both me and Lola to be delivered on the 2nd-Groundhog's Day.


Monday::
We spent the afternoon getting ready to head to the hospital that evening & we made the long trek down Mopac to south Austin. We checked into to St. David's South Austin Medical Center at 6pm & got settled into labor & delivery room 4. At this time, I was dilated to 1/2 a centimeter. My sister Kacy & her husband Trey came by to tuck me in then it was time to sleep & allow theCervidil to do it's job.


Tuesday::
The Cervidil had not done it's job so we began Pitocin around 9am to go ahead and get the contractions started. Within minutes they came fast and hard. The contractions were by far the worst part but even in all the pain and distraction I was in awe of God and how He created our bodies to perform. It was scary, but peaceful. However, I believe Pitocin was concocted in the pits of hell. By noon I had dilated to 4 centimeters & I wailed that it was time for the epidural. The anesthesiologist looked relaxed and it felt just like a flu shot. The epidural allowed my body to relax and open up in no time.
2:30 came & went & within 30 minutes I went from 4cm to 8cm & I began pushing.
My hat goes off to women who deliver without the help of modern medicine-but we all leave with the same prize. I'm not sure I could have done it without the epidural & I'm glad I'll never know any better.

Renee & Mandy delivering Lola
I pushed for 13 minutes!


Lola's born at 3:11 pm weighing in at a whopping 8 lbs. 8 oz. measuring 21 inches long


Justin was so proud & tired


Renee is AMAZING! We're so grateful for her friendship.


More to come::
We love you Lola & we give all our glory and thanks to God for trusting us to care for you.
Look for a movie of her first week next post.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

kcrack said...

A. I have been waiting so very anxiously for this post. LOVE your sweet baby story. So many fun details that brought you precious gift here.
B. Thinks its funny that you tagged this "services rendered"
C. She is a DOLL! I can't wait to meet little Lola!

Hope you are doing well!

Sarah G said...

Congrats sweet girl..she's absolutely beautiful!!!! Enjoy soaking it all in right now and try your best to get some sleep.
We can't wait to see her soon!!
Cheers

The George Fam

Julee Rosales said...

Kristy - Lola is beautiful! Thanks for sharing your experience. It looks like we might be inducing Nathan at the end of the month so it is so wonderful to know your experience. Thanks for being willing to share. Julee Rosales