Jeremiah 29:11

.

Sunday, October 18

Week 22: Difficult Purchases

It's perplexing to experience how gaining 2 lbs. since my last post has made such a difference on my body.

Difficult Purchase #1: Finding comfortable shoes
My feet are killing me.
My heels are burning, my shins are aching and my ankles are swollen. Sigh. It was time for a change. I'm against wearing my comfortable Nikes unless I'm going for a run, so I decided to venture out and find an alternative to my summer sandals. After a little research, I learned my best option would be to drive down Burnet Rd. to Karavel shoe store in Austin. For years, I have labeled this shoe store as "Grandma's Shoe Store" so I was reluctant to walk into my future at 25 years old. To my surprise, I fell in love with a pair of Dansko clogs and had a special orthopedic insert made for any shoe. Granted I was the youngest person in the shop, I had a great time and learned so much about my feet. Who knew? Most importantly, my foot pain has improved by 90%. Thus, it was time to bid a tearful farewell to my coveted summer Persian-style beauties and donate them to Goodwill.

Difficult Purchase #2: Granny Panties.
*Cringe*
The desperate need to make the switch from my normal undergarment to the depressing granny panties, is one of those things no one told me about pregnancy. Maybe it's me.
Looking forward to having my body back someday in the very distant future.



0 comments: