Jeremiah 29:11

.

Wednesday, July 29

Week 12: Baby Finley Looks Like A Baby!

Baby Finley looks like a baby.
He or She has moved out of its tail-like creature state and onto life as an official fetus. The baby was moving around like crazy-almost dancing, but I still can't feel anything yet. From this point on we will not hear the heartbeat while performing the sonogram because it is so loud. Dr. Lockey uses a "doppler" to find the heartbeat. I was surprised to see how simple it was to use. Almost primitive, like 2 tin cans tied together with string or a metal detector. There is no image to view, so I watched Renee's face with delight as she rubbed the doppler over my belly and found the heartbeat. She had this look of amazement and looked over at us and smiled and said, "Cool!" You can buy a doppler anywhere, to use at home but I feel most comfortable hearing the heartbeat while in the doctor's office.
Side note: When you go into to get your sonograms you're asked to drink 32 oz of water before you arrive. This helps to lift the baby up more towards your belly so that you can get a better, more accurate look. A small disclaimer for any future moms: Get to the appointment at the exact time scheduled and be drinking your water on the way to the or in the office or you'll be sitting there having to pee. More importantly, if you drink it too far in advance your only worsening your chances of peeing all over the floor when the sonographer is pressing down on your belly. I've seen it happen.

Foods I Love This Week:
Fruits
Veggies
Pasta
Eggs

Foods I Don't Love This Week:
Peanut Butter
Decaf coffee
Sweets

0 comments: