Jeremiah 29:11

.

Sunday, January 15

A Book Reccomendation


Are you looking for a book that will aid you in your homemaking and explain every detail about homemaking that you could ever imagine? 
No? 
Well I was, and I found this at my local library.

Home Comforts: The Art and Science of Keeping House.
I 'd like to buy copies for each of the girls' hope chest for them to take to their new homes. No pressure.




I love this book. It is not for compulsive cleaners, but for those wanting a clean, comfortable home.
Topics like the ritual of weekly chores, the best lighting for the feel of the room, the science of laundry stains, making your bedroom a haven, caring for books, and folding your shirts correctly find their way into my domestically inclined heart and I sigh.


Here's a description from Amazon:

“The classic bestselling resource for every American home. Choosing fabrics, cleaning china, keeping the piano in tune, making a good fire, folding a fitted sheet, setting the dining room table, keeping surfaces free of food pathogens, watering plants, removing stains — Home Comforts addresses the meanings as well as the methods of hands — on housekeeping to help you manage everyday chores, find creative solutions to modern domestic dilemmas, and enhance the experience of life at home. Further topics include: Making up a bed with hospital corners, Expert recommendations for safe food storage, Reading care labels (and sometimes carefully disregarding them), Keeping your home free of dust mites and other allergens, Home safety and security, A summary of laws applicable to the home, including privacy, accident liability, contracts, and domestic employees and more in this practical, good-humored, historic, philosophical, even romantic, guidebook to the art of household management.”

As a homemaker (and ADD have-r), I like to make a plan–home projects to tackle, new books to read, new instruments to learn,  new recipes to try and spiritual goals and character goals that need working on.

I'm far from a spotless housekeeper or a perfect Southern momma, but friends, where this is no vision the people perish. Be prayerful, ask the Lord to guide, seek His wisdom and guidance and trust that He will never fail you.


0 comments: