I've come across so many great finds & it's only the 4th day of Summer! So I'll string you along & split this season's "Decor On A Dime" posts into parts.
I once heard, "While shopping, you should act as if nothing has a price, decide how much you value that item & then decide if you'll purchase it or not." or something like that...
A few years ago, when I first began my vintage obsession, I would spend all my money in the first couple of booths & then have 8 more hours to walk around. So while I may not apply this idea to every area of my life, it comes in quite handy in keeping a level head & to think realistically about purchasing junk. I mean "antiques."
If ever you read that I've paid more or too much for an item because you've seen it cheaper somewhere else, PLEASE drop me a line & let me know. I have a general curiosity & enjoy the feedback. I find a lot of joy in posting about my treasures & I reluctantly humble myself as I strive to create a one-of-a-kind style that makes me fall in love with each room every time I step into it.
Vintage aqua Ball jars
I've seen these in a blog I read & thought they were so charming. I found lots of them at the Austin Antique Mall for $10 a piece. I was so proud of myself for holding out for a better deal because I ended up finding these for a
$1 a piece
in Fredricksburg, Texas.
Hand painted "Egg"
$6
@ 1431/Parmer Ln. Goodwill
Miniature pitcher
$4
@ the New Hope Goodwill
Small glass Hobnail style pink perfume
bottle
$3
@ the New Hope Goodwill
Old solid wood bowling pin
$5
@ Fredricksburg Trade Days
Huge white ceramic platter
$ 1
@ New Hope Goodwill
Small solid brass leaf
$.50
@ N.Bell/183 Goodwill
(as big as my hand)
Miniature banana salt & pepper shakers
$.25
@ the New Hope Goodwill
(about 2 in. long)
Small metal "Room For Rent" sign
$4
@ Fredricksburg Trade Days
(this was highway robbery, but I loved it)
Lastly, I appreciate photography but my friend Hollie would probably cringe at my lack of skills. Readers will ask me, "How did you use that piece?" so after much debate & a growing confidence, I've decided to document the interior of our home in hopes to inspire design & to eventually stop taking pictures of these items on my floor.
My plan for the remainder of the Summer is to spend time perfecting my front room & collaborating design ideas with my bf Jacqueline-who is a true interior designer in her own right. She's the genius behind framing my visions.












1 comments:
The egg is gorgeous! 'Reminds me of Ukraine.
mom-diane
Post a Comment