Jeremiah 29:11

.

Tuesday, June 22

The Adventures of Trade Days Mamas

Grab your sunscreen, bargaining skills & a backpack!


This past weekend the Trade Days Mamas celebrated the first day of Summer with an antiquing trip to Fredricksburg, Texas.
But first, last week we made a quick run to the Austin Antique Mall &

{:Then we found this gem:}




Totally inappropriate.
My favorite part is when the guy walks behind us.
The ticket read "Girl Squirts Water"
I'm too bashful to tell you where she squirts water from.

I fell in love with this horse necklace. It reminded me of when I used to ride & of course my dad.

I don't usually shop for jewelry when I'm antiquing, but for the same reason I shop at Goodwill- I live for dressing in pieces that no one else has so I had to have it.



We enjoyed a beautiful hill country drive to Fredricksburg for their monthly "Trade Days."

Although, we were a little disappointed with Trade Days this time around because they didn't seem to have many antiques. They had a lot of handmade furniture, food vendors, bedazzled flip-flops & purses, etc. We were able to find some fabulous stuff, it just took a little more digging.

Many of my favorite pieces in our home were once dug for, covered in mud or both.

At our favorite booth. It's so creepy, but we always find the best stuff!

The woman lives in the RV with a goat & she always abandons her "lot" because she's camped out in there.


I think Sundays are the best days to hit up Trade Days because it's not as busy & you can easily talk the seller's down. They're practically giving their stuff away.

{::Summer Stops::}
Addison
Boerne
Canton
Comfort
Dallas
Fort Worth
Fredricksburg
Round Top
Wimberley
West
{:Our Summer shopping list includes:}
Old oars
White platters
Door knobs
State maps
stuff for my sister Kacy*s baby shower
stuff for Jacqueline*s baby Henry (due the same week as Kacy)

See you out there!

2 comments:

C:M:W said...

no canton stop?

Kristy said...

Geez! How could I forget Canton? Adding it to the list now...