I*ve been on the hunt for a particular pair of earrings for a year. One. whole. year.
I found*em & I felt it was worthy of a post.
Last year I saw a woman wearing these big, African/tribal looking, black, circle earrings. I asked her where she got them & I got the dreaded answer, "They were a gift..."
Dang.
So I burned the image into my mind. After months of Googling everything from "Black circle earrings" to "Large African earrings"
I finally struck it rich with, "Woven Disc Earrings Africa" It brought up this website. & there they were! 2 inch round, woven black earrings handmade in Rwanda.
High five.
I squealed when the brown bubble mailer made its way to my mailbox.
I ripped it open to find my prize:
This week I*m wearing these beauties with love. Not just because I found exactly what I wanted, but also because I read that my purchase provides a much needed income to Rwandan artisans. Provides dignity & hope for a better future & provides the means for neighbors to work together for the development of their community & their nation. Wow! God bless *em.
I had no idea. I was just looking for a cute pair of earrings!

It*s the little things in life...












2 comments:
love the earrings! such a cute little Josie hiding in there!
Very cool story...
Post a Comment