Jeremiah 29:11

.

Friday, July 29

Finding A New Groove

HOORAY!


The pink eye plague has finally passed through our home & we*re onto celebrating week 3 of caring for 2 precious girls.

I*m finding that having a second child has brought an increased confidence in my own abilities, knowledge & experience. I feel we*ve found a nice groove for the most part. The things that seemed so difficult with Lola — sleepless nights, changing endless diapers, handling illness — seem like second nature to me instead of a full-blown crisis. I want to specifically thank my friend Stephanie, waaaay out in sunny California & fellow mother of 2 adorable girls, for her encouragement & insistence that I would "have so much fun with two!" She was right.

Many times, I*ve been watching the monitor scan back & forth from both girl*s rooms & I*ll see Josie sleeping soundly & think to myself, "Why is Lola so small?" or I*ll hear a tiny cry, & think "What is that?... a dog?" Nope. It*s that other baby that you popped out a couple of days ago.
Ohhhhh yeah.
No need to call Child Protective Services, I*m just pointing out that I*m no Super Mom. I*ve ventured out of the house a few times over the past couple of weeks lookin* kinda cute, but most days I live in leggings & a robe, looking like this:


Thank goodness for eyebrow pencils! Yikes!

0 comments: