At this week's doctor's appointment, Renee suggested that I start packing my overnight bag for when it's time to hurry down to South Austin to deliver Lola! She also suggested I start thinking about who & what I want in the delivery room. For a while I've been thinking a lot about this subject-particularly because I've received an overwhelming amount of advice. People have suggested everything from music being played and socks be worn to bringing lollipops and thinking twice about who you want in the room with you in case you poop on the table-not necessarily in that order.
Since being diagnosed with gestational diabetes nearly 3 weeks ago, I'm all but huffy as I type that I've successfully maintained normal healthy glucose levels by altering my diet. Which miserably means I have to stay COMPLETELY away from sweets altogether--- Okay, I can have a couple of Hershey's Kiss' a night. But that's IT. No brownies, no ice cream, no cakes...I've actually lost 2 lbs since cutting these jewels out of my life. If you are reading this post and have never been pregnant, I'd like to point out that staying away from foods with no nutritional value in the homestretch is pure torture.
Fortunately soon (it's estimated hrs) after I pop out this gorgeous baby, my sugar levels will have returned to their normal pre-pregnancy state & I will be able to indulge a little. Upon learning this glorious news, I quickly changed my attitude and placed my
* A slice of triple chocolate cake from Ann's Kitchen
* And if I can squeeze it in- a McDonald's Quarter Pounder meal- I know it's disgusting, but I've been SO good!
We also learned that Lola has officially turned to her head down position. Which means no need to plan a C-section-unless she turns again-but it is unlikely this late in the pregnancy.
Foods I Love This Week:
Eggs
Pasta
Vegetables
Melon
Foods I Don't Love This Week:
Beef
Citrus
Breads













0 comments:
Post a Comment