This weekend, we headed down to San Antoino to witness my sister Kacy graduate from law school.
They kicked off the festivities with a bar-b-que held
at a family friend's home and then it was off to the auditorium. Every parent was so proud and the musty smell of the auditorium hall mixed with old lady perfume filled me with honor and nostalgia. I couldn't hear anything the speaker was saying, so I just sat back and prayed throughout the ceremony. I prayed for Kacy, that as she looks back on these past 3 years, she would remember the discipline she demonstrated in her studies, the love she exhibited when she got married her first semester!, and the grace she displayed in her friendships and her
family.

Whether consciously or subconsciously, the qualities she delivers has forced each one of us to adopt these skills in our own lives. Everything from simple tasks such as cooking meals for our families- to much harder ones, like coming together to honor our grandfather at his funeral.

I prayed for each graduate as they walked across the stage, that they would continue to be blessed in their knowledge, their careers and their knowledge in the Lord. I'm looking forward to watching Kacy grow and to witness what God has in store for her.


Post graduation, Justin and I joined the Powers' for dinner at the famed La Fogata restaurant.












0 comments:
Post a Comment